Friday, May 16, 2014

Fratelli Bellini

Tonight we tasted Vino Bianco's Fratelli Bellini from Rufina Italy.  It was a 10.99 white wine in a SHARK BOTTLE!  Yes, I Erin Swartzwelder picked this wine.  It's a shark bottle.  Do I really need to explain my choice?  The entire Smeal clan was together for this one: Sherry, Brit, Robin, Jim, and most of the children and spouses attended as well.  :) 



None of us paired the wine with anything since we didn't end up tasting until 9:15ish. 

Appearance: The wine had legs, tiny bubbles, and was a ginger ale color.

Nose: We smelled citrus, honeysuckle, and it smelled DRY.  Robin pointed out that since it is 12% alcohol it will probably taste dry as well.  (GEE thanks).

Taste: We agreed that it was a light tasting wine.  It is citrus-y and it tastes just like it smells. DRY

Rating on the 4 point Brit Scale: (we needed a refresher on the Brit Scale and if you would like to know more about our rating scale click here.)

Brit 2
Robin 2
Sherry 2
Erin 3
Melissa  2

I must say that the coolness of the shark bottle MAY have influenced my rating.....

3 comments:

  1. where can I buy wine in oddly shaped bottles?

    ReplyDelete
  2. where can I buy wine in oddly shaped bottles?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We got them from Total Wines in the Italy section.

      Delete