Thursday, February 21, 2013

Brit Scale

Hello all! I would like to share Brit's Drinkability Scale with you. Please feel free to editorialize to make it better!  The scale is a simple 1-4 - no middle ground for those who can't make a firm decision!

1 = NEVER DRINK OR BUY AGAIN!
2 = Underachiever - not pleasant to sip alone but salvagable with the right food pairing
3 = Tasty! Enjoyable to sip, significantly improved with the right food pairing
4 = Superior culinary event in every way!

I fortunately have had only one '1' that I can recall, that was last week, unfortunately. The vintage was French, so there goes that stereotype... a 2005 Superior Bordeaux which shall remain nameless (I lost my notes on that one).  I suspect a defective cork, actually.

Recently I have enjoyed two "4's", though I have to admit I usually limit myself to under $20 and my tastes are not very refined.  Nonetheless, I found a nice Spanish red wine, Peter Lehmann of the Barossa "Layers", 2009.  Very complicated, noticable berry fruit, medium purple color and legs. Perhaps a borderline 4 but worth trying, great deal for under $15. The other was French, 2010 Chateau Belleview Cholet.  I won't give it away, let me simply recommend it and see what you think!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment